Edition: March 2023
Your Council Tax helps to provide services and amenities to residents. Find out how we are spending your contributions.
We collect your overall Council Tax payments for Horsham District Council, Parish and Neighbourhood Councils, the Sussex Police and Crime Commissioner and West Sussex County Council to provide services and amenities to residents.
We understand that it is a large portion of your monthly outgoings, so we want to share openly how we are spending your contributions.
Did you know?
Although we collect all the Council Tax, we only retain 7.9% for Horsham District Council services, that’s just £3.21 a week for a Band D
property. The remaining 92.1% of your Council Tax bill is split between:
- West Sussex County Council who receive 77.45%
- Sussex Police and Crime Commissioner who receive 11.4%
- Parish / Neighbourhood Councils who receive 3.25%
So, how do we use your money?
Your Council Tax makes up 27% of Horsham District Council’s income. This contributes towards our total budget for 2023/24 of £42.8million. Our budget is shared over the services we deliver for you:
- Recycling, Waste and Environmental Services - £11.5million (26.8%)
- Revenues and Benefits, Housing and Community Services - £6.9million (16.1%)
- Leisure and Culture - £4.9million (11.4%)
- Planning, Property, Building Control and Economic Development - £8.1million (18.9%)
- Parking - £2.4million (5.6%)
- Supporting front line services - £9.0million (21.2%)
Find out more
Visit the Horsham District Council website to find out more about how Council Tax is spent.
Read the latest edition
You may also like
Welcome aboard our new look Mobile Community Hub
Look out for the newly refurbished Mobile Community Hub now it's back on the road, providing advice and resources for young people
Introducing the Horsham District Local Plan 2019-2036
A guide to the Local Plan Review process and how to get involved
A new place to hang out in Horsham
Thanks to our collaboration with 4TheYouth Horsham’s young people now have a new youth centre.